Friday, April 13, 2012

Jolted

Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo

Being in the Ring of Fire, Japan is jolted by earthquakes everyday although some of these tremors are too faint to be felt. It was summer. I was in Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku for a business meeting when I suddenly felt nauseous. I saw things shaking and wall decors swaying. My Japanese hosts remained on their desks unmoving but alert. I stayed calm. After things have settled, I let out a sigh of relief and exclaimed, That was an earthquake!

They nodded Hai! Hai! Then got back to work.
=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment