Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Russian Doll

Moscow
Russia

Before leaving, I received one tiny present - an elaborately painted wooden figurine of sorts. “Twist to open it.” I did. And found a smaller replica inside. “There’s more. Go ahead twist it.” And found a smaller one inside, and then another, and another until I got a little bigger than an apple seed. It’s a Russian doll called – Matryoshka traditionally made of the Linden tree, dried for at least two years. “Take it home.” She said. “Can I take their mom too?” I replied as I gently nudged her hip with my elbow, her hair brushing my face….
=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment