Monday, April 2, 2012

Walking Backwards

Kangwon University
Korea


One foggy morning, I saw a man coming down the slope in my direction. At first I thought my vision was faulty because instead of a face, I saw broad shoulders of one’s back. On my way back, I saw another man emerged from a distance. We made eye contact before he turned around to walk backwards himself. I was totally surprised. I learned later that walking backwards is a common form of exercise especially with the elderly. I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting a cultural lecture on Korean tradition or voodoo stuff.


=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

An alternative to being a tourist is to be a volunteer in workcamps. It’s a cheap and practical way to travel. Check NVDA for workcamps in Asia, ALLIANCE for workcamps in Europe and VFP for workcamps in the USA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment