Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ambot Lang (I Don't Know)

Yeonchon-gun
Korea

My kind of cooking back home is simple sutukil, sugba (grilled), tula (stew) and kilaw (raw). The others I don’t know. In Yeonchon-gun (a town near Panmunjum in the DMZ) I was cooking diced pork with tons of onions and garlic but I have no idea what to call it, so I named it Ambot lang (I don’t know). Back in the Philippines, I emailed them about my dish called Ambot lang and its real meaning. I was inundated with feedback ranging from disgust to surprise, but funny just the same. A typical response is below:      

Ambot Lang feedback

"I am very very very surprised that we (including all people enjoyed food festival ) had Philipine food " i dont know " !!!!!!!!  wow.. i don't know food.. it was very gooood and u r very mischievousfor sure, man~ really funny...we(townspeople in yeonchon) were saying like " ohh this is philipine foood~! wow, what;'s the name?? oh, amblo something i don' know..  " usually i said " i don't know the name of jun;'s food, what it is again? then other yeonchon volunteers said like 'oh, i don't know exactly, amblot lang? something? ...."
=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment