Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Worm Hunt


I was fishing at the famed Fisherman’s Wharf in Monterey, California where I used fish fillet and squid strips as bait. When I was young, I used live worms. I would go searching for fat soil and dig the soft earth to reach the worms, which fatten the soil. To look for fat soil, I hunt for worm tracks. These are mounds of earth lines on the soil. As they move, worms pass earth through their gut cavity and the earth lines you see are the worms’ excretions. They are like x-points on a map in a treasure hunt.
=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment