Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sampaguitas

Quezon City
Philippines


It’s almost midnight at a cafe in QC but a little girl was still selling Sampaguita flowers. "How much is it?" I asked. "Twenee (20)," she said. I was surprised at her congeniality. "Twenee bucks sir," she teased in perfect American accent. I said, "You’re overpricing. You have to dance for your twenee." She said, "I can’t dance. I can’t sing. I have no talent." This surprised me even more for she was talking straight English. 3 sentences! After much cajoling she managed to wiggle her shoulders and yes, she had her twenee….


=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment