Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Different Kind of Smell

Van Nuys
Los Angeles

I am not particularly fond of Indian food because of that key ingredient – known as hing but with nicknames like stinking gum and devil’s dung. Those not used to it will stay away from the dinner table for sure. But I know that if I did, my hosts will be offended. I tell you I had stomach discomfort after that meal but gained a lot of respect from my Indian friends who said that hing goes to the very heart of Indian cooking. Well, for me it went to my very stomach, which protested very loudly....

=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment