Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rattled

Willits, Mendocino County
Northern California

When we came, a patch of mountain was cleared to let sunshine in, in this dense woods. We moved heaps of tree trunks cut in one-meter logs to be used as steps in the terraced slopes. Matt was resting after being stung by yellow jackets nesting in the ground. I lifted a log to the wheelbarrow when I heard hissing. I looked down - a rattlesnake was aiming to strike at my face! Out of reflex, I dropped the log and jumped. It kind of jumped also before retreating. Apparently, man and snake were startled together....
=============================================================================
100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100 anecdotes 100
=============================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment